• In October I'll perform Dirty White Matter as part of the Art in Odd Places 2018: BODY festival which takes place October 11-14 on 14th St. in Manhattan. I'll also have a related photograph and sculptures in an AiOP group show at Westbeth Gallery in Chelsea, on view October 4-27.
• On August 8 I'll perform Dirty White Matter in collaboration with NYC-based dancers Jessica Harris and Lily Gold.
• On August 5 I'll be in conversation at Victori + Mo with MC Stevens of Arcade Projects Magazine about my new work in IMPERFECT MUSINGS.
• "IMPERFECT MUSINGS: Emily Barletta + Meg Stein" opens at Victori + Mo in Brooklyn, NY on August 2 and will run through August 25. Curated by Alixandra Hornyan of A_H Arts this two-person exhibition features my brand-new floor, wall and hanging sculptures that are hybrids of ceramics, soft forms and everyday materials.
• I have a sculpture included in the exhibition "Carol Cole: Cast a Clear Light" on view at the Weatherspoon Art Museum in Greensboro, NC from March 3 through June 17.
• In February I won the South Arts State Fellowship for North Carolina! This spring I'll travel to New Orleans for the awards ceremony at the Contemporary Arts Center of New Orleans (CACNO) on Monday, April 16th.
• On October 27, I'll be in conversation with artists Gemynii, Stef Bernal-Martinez, and Maya Freelon Asante as part of an Art + Identity panel at the Durham Hotel in Durham, NC. Moderated by Shannan Hayes, PhD Candidate in Literature & Feminist Studies at Duke University.
• On October 20, I'll participate in the "Women in Sculpture" panel at Converse College in Spartanburg, SC as part of the Tri-State Sculpture Conference. Fellow artists on the panel include include Alice Ballard, Naomi Falk, Diana Farfan, Andi Steele, Fleming Markel, and Linda McCune.
• "Another Body" opens at the Spartanburg Museum of Art on June 15 and will be on view through September 10, 2017. This group show features several of my sculptures, including one site-specific installation.
• In June I was a guest on the ART NOW podcast, produced by the Spartanburg Art Museum. I discussed my work alongside artists Corinne Duchesne and Ari Richter.