A creative, meditative, participatory workshop for everyone.
Drop into any one session, or attend all of them! Each one will be different.
Saturdays, April 15, 22 & 29, 2017
8:45 am - 11 am
The Carrack Modern Art (947 E Main St, Durham, NC 27701)
Each session is $27 (includes material costs)
Sign up for two for $45 or all three for $70
Dress comfortably & bring a pillow, blanket, and/or yoga mat.
• learn sculpture techniques using common, household materials
• gain meditation tools for connecting with your emotions and beliefs
• create ephemeral and abstract sculptures (accessible for every skill level)
• participate in group and guided meditations
• interact with sculptures that utilize your body’s sensations
Meg Stein is a sculptor from Durham, NC. She studies Inner-Relationship Focusing, a body-focused meditative practice that enhances connection with emotion and interiority.* Meg received her MFA in Studio Art from UNC-CH. More info at megstein.com/workshops.
*The Inner-Relationship Focusing techniques and ideas used in this workshop are pulled from the work of Ann Weiser Cornell. Meg currently studies Focusing with Mary Love May, a mindfulness instructor who teaches at UNC-CH and elsewhere in NC.
1 session = $27
2 sessions = $45
3 sessions = $70